Saturday, May 15, 2010
Here's to one year of accident-free, smooth driving! Yes, it's been one year since I passed my driving exam. So the provisional driving plate goes off. Unless my sister passes her driving exam next monday, in which case HERE'S TO MY SECOND YEAR WITH THE PROVISIONAL DRIVING PLATE.
And introducing... Snowy! Actually I've fed her before, but now I'm getting a general hang of what her prowling patterns are like, so it's easier to locate her.



I'm beginning to sound like a crazy cat lady huh. I wonder if my future dwellings won't be crawling with cats in every nook and cranny.
And now that my 'holidays' are here (I use the inverted commas because my holidays really mean unemployment) I've been doing a bit of reading with Plato's The Republic. I've been also been hearing Naomi Novik's novels of dragons from James, and I like the stories very much. It's one of the first fantasy novels that I find very endearing (maybe because the dragons behave like cats, haha!). It's about a dragon named Temeraire who's fighting the Napoleonic wars on the side of the British army. Very interesting observing how they tweaked history and the context to fit dragon combats into it.

Temeraire with the map of Western Europe.
I really should get down to doing more reading and actually
finishing the books I have at home really. This will be near impossible as one of my half finished books is
Les Miserables and I can't cart it around outside home because it's so thick. I find that reading while travelling is the best way to spend the time. I've been wanting to try Sōseki Natsume, a bit of Stephen Hawking and Stephen Fry.
Oh well, another day teaching piano! I'm stopping my piano teaching (at last!) end of December when my first diploma student will have taken her ATCL. It's been such a long journey with some of these students.
Omnia mutantur
7:37 AM