Monday, April 12, 2010

'We'd given you up for dead.'
'No. One of these days maybe, but not yet.'
'Well, I'm very glad to see you alive. Old friends are a rare commodity. It's been a long road we have traveled together.'
'It has.'

- Octavian and Titus Pullo, 'Rome'


I just experienced an ultimate letdown in a long list of letdowns.

But at least now I know where I figure in the general order of things. Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis. But such as things are, one must forget about the errant stupidity and self-indulgence of fools and just remember the good stuff.

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

Goodbye to you my trusted friend
We've known each other since we were nine or ten
Together we've climbed hills and trees
Learned of love and ABC's
Skinned our hearts and skinned our knees
Goodbye my friend it's hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that spring is in the air
Pretty girls are everywhere
Think of me and I'll be there

We had joy, we had fun
we had seasons in the sun
But the hills that we climbed
Were just seasons out of time

We had joy, we had fun
We had seasons in the sun
But the wine and the song
Like the seasons have all gone

Omnia mutantur
7:31 PM


Profile

.Kathleen.
.2010.

Archives

November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010

Credits.

Blogskins Lady Symphonia basecode

eXTReMe Tracker